Information Access & Privacy Unit
The Information Access & Privacy Unit manages NSW information access and privacy legislation for Corrective Services NSW. That legislation being:
- Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act);
- Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998;
- Privacy Code of Practice (General) 2003;
- Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002;
- Workplace Surveillance Act 2005.
In regard to Corrective Services NSW, the Unit’s main functions are, among other things, to:
- Provide advice on the GIPA Act and privacy matters;
- Deal with and decide applications and requests made under the GIPA Act and privacy legislation;
- Meet the requirements of the Open Access Information provisions of the GIPA Act;
- Prepare and update the Privacy Management Plan.
More information about accessing information and privacy matters is available by using the menu on the left hand side of the page.
- CSNSW iPhone App