Statement of Purpose
Corrective Services NSW delivers professional correctional services to reduce re-offending and enhance community safety.
Corrective Services provides custodial and community-based services as an important element of the criminal justice system. They include correctional centre custody of remand and sentenced inmates, home detention, parole, pre-sentence reports and advice to courts and releasing authorities, community service orders and other forms of community-based offender supervision. Offenders in custody and those supervised in the community are assessed for relevant interventions to reduce their risks of re-offending.
Corrective Services works in partnership with other government and non-government justice and human services agencies in regard to inmates in custody and offenders in the community.
Justice and Equity
- Regard for community expectations and public interest
- Safety, welfare and positive development of inmates and offenders
- Secure and humane management of inmates
- Commitment to cultural and linguistic diversity
- Understanding of, and regard for, Aboriginal history and aspirations
Accountability and Transparency
- Continuous organisational improvement
- Ethical use of public assets and resources
- Quality in service delivery
Collaboration and Communication
- Engagement with relevant government and non-government agencies to achieve corporate goals
- Effective and appropriate external and internal information exchange
Responsibility and Respect
- Safety and well-being of staff
- Continuous learning and professional development
- CSNSW iPhone App